Mother’s Day is right around the corner. What are you doing to make Mom feel like she’s the greatest thing since Caramelized Apple Flambé?
We have some ideas for you. Here are 5 ways to honor your mom on Mother’s Day:
- Make a recipe book. This is perfect for kids or adults. Add Scriptures to each recipe, funny stories, pictures of you and Mom cooking together, and both new and old family recipes.
- A spa day. Treat her to a day of beauty, with facials, massages, pedicures and manicures. She’ll definitely feel like the queen for the day.
- Bring her to our Honoring Our Mothers dinner. Of course we’re partial to this idea. Join us for this special evening in celebration of exceptional women, Mothers leading unique and impactful lives at home and at work. Former ABC News White House correspondent, Ann Compton, joins us Saturday, May 2, 2015 at Chateau on the Lake in Branson, Mo., as our keynote speaker for this one of a kind spring event. She will share Up Close and Very Personal, a behind the scenes look at the White House. Ann shares her proudest moment was perhaps her recognition as a Mother of the Year in 1988. (P.S. Chateau on the Lake has a spa, and they’re offering great hotel rates, so you could kill two birds with one stone.)
- Write a poem or letter expressing your love. Thank her for the years she spent teaching you about life. Show your gratitude for the ways she loved you through all your heartaches. Remind her how much you adore her contagious laughter.
- Buy her flowers. This may not be out of the box thinking, but what mom doesn’t love a fresh bouquet of flowers? Want to get creative? Pick them and arrange yourself instead of buying them.
What are some other ways you plan to honor that special woman in your life this Mother’s Day? Answer in the comments below.